Friday, August 21, 2009

Day 2 in HK

Most efficient public transportation system I have ever seen. They tell people where to line up and enter the train, and unlike America people actually do line up and wait in the specified spots. Efficiency = good design.
I love the look of this door.
Writing on concrete walls which I found everywhere. Possibly relates to construction information for that certain building or structure...but then again I don't read Cantonese.
Interesting little dove logo on the back of an old tractor I saw at the Monastery.
10,000 Buddhas Monastery.
No Comment
10,000 Buddhas Monastery.
More painted characters.
Space is at a premium, so clothes are often dried out the window on a pole and pulley.

1 comment:

JCD said...

The window drying looks artistic in and of itself, almost as if an artist arranged those in that way as part of a grand installation. Great shots of life in HK, and behind the scenes. I'll see if I can't get some of those characters translated...